Wednesday 30 March 2011

"Guardians of Atlantis" contest on www.legopirate.net

Hi everyone!

As I mentioned it before, I was Lego-busy lately trying to enter my first building contest. This friendly competition intitled "Guardians of Atlantis" is organized by www.legopirate.net (french site & forum). As the most faithful of you may remember, I had managed build a kind of giant Atlantis monster a few weeks ago, and this was the starting point of my planning...
The idea of a giant lobster/crab monster was really appealing to me, although I started to imagine a darker kind of build, mixed with a science-fiction nightmarish vision of a colossal insect... In particular, the mechanical octopuses from Matrix were a strong inspiration in the process.
After a few days and as many building trials, I came to the conclusion I needed more specific brick to complete what I had in mind... Therefore, I had to purchase a Lego set I knew would fit perfectly... Unfortunately, the box I had chosen (Set Atlantis 8056 "Crab Attack") was not available from the Lego stores, and I had to sell a kidney to shop in online and have it delivered to my very door in a few hours...
Once my building complete, I feel really proud of myself, because the model looks like I imagined it (after a few minor tweaking, of course...), and it gives me a welcome little boost in self-confidence, for I now know I am able to build from total scratch!
I hope you'll like the pictures as much as I do!
 





I will sure keep you all posted with the results!
Stay tuned!

Gabriel

PS: To see all the entries, click here

No comments:

Post a Comment