Sunday 16 January 2011

Foundation

Hi everyone!

This is the very first post I ever write on this blog, so you can understand how excited I am.

I came up with the idea of this blog a few weeks ago, when I actually realized I missed building cool things using Lego bricks. Not that I ever was tempted to buy a box or two, but with this blog, I intend to stick to a quite simple project: to buy one box a week, and build whatever comes to my mind with the bricks inside.

Of course, as you know the addictive component of every collection-based hobby, I have to establish a very straight rule on the money I will allow myself to spend each week. I have decided to add £10 a week to a "Lego Piggy Bank" every Monday. This way, even if I can save up the unspent money from one week to the following, I will never end up spending more than expected "just so I can get this way cooler box" (because there always is a cooler box).

The last rule I decided to follow is about building. I have chosen to restrict myself to the bricks belonging to the box purchased each week. I am truly convinced that this restrain will force me to put my imagination at work a little bit harder and find additional fun in the process. In the future though, as the collection will keep growing, I will probably allow myself to build more freely on the side of the main project, picking bricks from every box I own.

In the end, the most important thing I will keep in mind is fun, as building has to remain a pleasure.

Hope you will enjoy your visit!

Gabriel

No comments:

Post a Comment