Monday 30 May 2011

"May the Force be with you contest" on www.legopirate.net Part 2

Hi everyone!

As I wrote it in my previous message, I have been building speeder for the "May the Force be with you" Contest on www.legopirate.net (Okay, the cleverest of you already had this part figured out...). Anyway, we were allowed to enter two different categories, and I thought I would put all my brand new Pharaoh's Quest bricks to good use.

Moreover, I wanted to give Steampunk a try... What is Steampunk? Well, a quick look through this gallery will give you an idea... Lots of brownish colours, with old-looking mechanics and odd-looking machines. Since I had so many golden bricks, I figured out deep red and gold did go along pretty well with dark grey; and so I ended up building this speeder quite rapidly.

In the end, I am happy with the result (not only because I had tons of fun building it), although I wish I had more deep red slopes, as I feel the overall structure remains too flat. On the other hand, I love the way grey engine parts are mixed with more decorative golden ones... The "dart" up front was a last minute addition, as the speeder was so short it looked almost comical... Hope you will enjoy the pictures!





Well, that is all for this one! Once again you may click here to see all the entries!

Gabriel

No comments:

Post a Comment