Monday 30 May 2011

"May the Force be with you contest" on www.legopirate.net Part 1

Hi everyone!

Once again, I decided to enter a contest on www.legopirate.net! This time, we were to build a speeder/podracer for a minifigure out of another Lego series (yes, it sounds a bit bit like the recent FBTB contest...) As ColeBlaq's speederbikes have always made my head spin, I decided to try and build something "speederbikish"...

I also wanted to experiment a bush of new techniques. The fact that I am not building something every night does not mean I do not spent a lot of time reading and learning from my favourite builders. Anyway, with this one I was trying to build a 1-knot-wide speederbike. I wanted a very light-looking speeder, with nice curvy parts joined together by very simple connections. I also had a blast with the 90° knot inversions all over the place. Of the few details (stolen from a lot of people) I managed to recreate, I am very happy with the tiny wind-shield. Oh, I almost forgot! I made a small old-school robot as a technician (I am very proud of this one as well!). Enjoy the pictures!






Well, that is about it for this one! To see all the entries to this contest (French site & forum), simply click here!

Gabriel

No comments:

Post a Comment